Monday, July 15, 2019

DISCRETION by Author KARINA HALLE



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This was my second Karina Halle ARC. I was so ecstatic when I received this... The blurb lured me in and I devoured this book in one day.


This is Olivier's and Sadie's story. It started off with Olivier saving Sadie and the rest they say is history... 


I had butterflies in tummy. I was excited for them... its the classic Cinderella story where the business mogul falls in love with a simple college student. I know this is a series because it says Dumont#1, but I hope Olivier's and Sadie's story doesn't just stop where it ended... I felt like it was left hanging... am I the only that thinks this? 

 

And... I think that Olivier was avoiding or escaping. He has bigger problems and he shouldn't just leave them be. It was almost perfect but I felt like it was anti-climactic that he just up and left to start anew with Sadie... although there's nothing wrong with that, it's just... I've got some niggling questions that were left unanswered when the book ended. 


Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book... it was fast paced and still built excitement, but the last couple of chapters just left me baffled.


Maybe the next books in the series will straighten everything out.