Sunday, November 25, 2018

ALL OF ME by Author A.L. JACKSON



People call me callous. Arrogant. Ruthless. I call myself tenacious. One of the most powerful attorneys in Charleston, I don’t let anyone or anything stand in my way.Until a chance encounter changes everything.One glance.One touch.One night.It only leaves me wanting more.But Grace is off limits. Most people would even say forbidden. Everyone knows an attorney can’t sleep with his client. Too bad I already did. And even with the threat of losing everything, I don’t know if I can stop myself from having her again...

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This is my second ARC from the author and I was so excited to receive it—not only because of the blurb, but I had this strong feeling in my gut that this is gonna be that one book that'll compare to my faithful love to her other book, Take This Regret... and oh man, I was right.


Every bookworm knows that asking someone to choose which book is their favorite is almost like asking a parent which child they love more... there are tons of awesome books written out there and so many talented authors around. But if you'll ask me, I'd easily answer Take This Regret by A. L. Jackson. Ever since that book came out, I was never the same. And every time I re-read it, I still cry over the same heart-wrenching parts... and then this story of Ian and Grace comes along.


I don't easily give 5-stars unless the book touched me in some kind of way... and this one, if I could give it 10-stars I certainly would.


You can't help but fall in love with the broken hero, Ian Jacobs. He was so reluctant and so aversive to any form of feelings, but all it took is one glance at Grace McNally at the party and all the walls he fortified around his heart slowly crumbled, not realizing he didn't really stood a chance against it.


I wish that was all it took—one simple glance, and everything was alright in the world. But their story is more complicated than it meets the eye... their journey is full of push and pulls and angst... Ian doesn't believe he's capable and deserving. He's always said he's the devil... On the other hand, Grace believes in dreams and fate and is just so full optimism. But sometimes opposites attract, and sometimes—these opposites aren't really opposites when you get through the heart of it.


I usually devour a book overnight, but with this, I was anxious of the story ending. I kept on checking how many chapters or pages I have left... I simply don't want it to end. Sounds crazy right? Lol. But I have a deadlines to meet... so yeah.


I love the pacing and I love the characters... I love everything! It's a combination of sweet and heartbreaking and swoony. To me, it was gripping from beginning to end.


This story will teach you about not to easily give up on someone even though they had hurt you... about sacrificing ones dreams for another... and about what love is really all about.


I hope ya'll will love Ian and Grace as much as I do... I definitely recommend  with all fingers up, not just thumbs!haha