Wednesday, October 28, 2020

STROKE OF MIDNIGHT by K. Webster



 MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

3.5⭐️

I was so excited for this book but didn't do more research—like it's part of an interrelated series, and it's part of it's own series or part of a duet? All I thought is that this was going to be a standalone and it's not.


I am on the defense on my feelings with regards to the heroine and the hero... and let me tell you, this was more erotica than dark romance. I don't mind reading erotica but I don't know why I don't warm up to the characters. Like I pity the girl but she also consented to be treated that way. She'd want to fight back but there are other ways to do so if you really want to... I've read dark romances, and I've read erotica but somehow I didn't connect to any of the characters... and this goes the same to other books interrelated to this one. 

I feel bad coz I really wanted to like this book coz I love the author. But it's probably just me... maybe I'll like the next one better.