Wednesday, January 1, 2020

RELEASING KEANU by Author SIOBHAN DAVIS



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

4⭐️

This is book 8 of the Kennedy Boys series. Aside from this one, I've only ever read one other—Forgiving Keven.

This book is a second chance romance but it's definitely far from the usual cutesy romcom we romantic saps usually devour... It's darker, has more angst than I've anticipated... it touches on sensitive real life topics such as physical abuse, mental abuse and emotional abuse. It was a slow burn for me simply because I couldn't really relate with Selena. I mean I have depression and anxiety but not as bad as Selena's.

The pacing was good, the characters were insteresting. I mean the storyline isn't something I haven't read before but like I said earlier, it was a slow burn for me. 

This book will make you realize that you need to face your fears... to stand strong and be resilient... to make you realize that things will work out in their own time...and that it's okay to ask for help when you can't anymore. It's part of surviving life...