Thursday, January 2, 2020

TWEET CUTE by Author EMMA LORD



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

4⭐️

I was going through NetGalley and saw this book... I've read the blurb and was hooked instantly. It took me some time to finally read it but yay, now I'm done and writing this review.

I was aware this was YA but I held on hope that this would have at least some little mature content but no. Even the making out part was, for a lack of another word—bland. I was expecting it to at least be more exciting leading to moment when it happens. So I guess it's safe to say it was a slow burn for me. It picked up around 40% towards the book.

Honestly, even though it started slow, I did enjoy the story. It's a modern take on Romeo and Juliet just with no deaths... I kept on thinking that this would make a great Disney movie. If it were a bit more mature, maybe a Netflix movie.

The pacing was good and the characters were interesting enough. It's like a cross between a wholesome Disney movie and Gossip Girl... 

It's light and an easy read... There's lots of lessons to pick up on as you turn page after page. It's not exactly my cup of tea but I don't regret reading it either.