Tuesday, November 19, 2019

HATING YOU by Authors J.L. Beck and C. Hallman



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

4⭐️

This is my second ARC from the authors and I was so excited to start it given that it was my favorite trope—enemies to lovers college romance.

It was gripping from start to finish. 

What started as a revenge plot ended up with the hunter falling for the prey. Parker and Willow's story definitely was complicated... It was also angsty and frustrating, as what bully romances normally are.

As I was reading, I kept on saying to myself, if what he did, he did to me, he would've been very sorry he was born, lol. It was like Willow is this very helpless, oppressed and  dainty heroine but finally grew a spine after taking too much.

The storyline isn't something I haven't read before... the pacing was great... the characters were fascinating in their own selves... and those plot twists was definitely not something I anticipated.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. It's not a light read per se, but it fairly an easy read, at least for me it is. It was gripping and sexy and swoony...

For the fans of Penelope Douglas and LJ Shen, this is the book to read next.