Thursday, November 21, 2019

SHELF AWARENESS by Author KATIE ASHLEY



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

4⭐️

This is my first ever Katie Ashley ARC but I've been her reader since The Proposition came out in 2012.

I signed up for this book because the blurb lured me in. It started very slow for me... I don't if I was just having an off day or something but it took me about 50% in to the book to finally connect. But this was just me, okay? I'm not saying it's going to be like this for everybody... and despite that being said, the remaining half of the book made for the lull. It just kept on going and going and going, sort of like the Energizër bunny.

Finley and Zeke are relatable as a couple and they're hella funny together... and don't get me started with the grandma's!

Overall, it was a fun and easy read. There was a little bit of angst but not too heavy and frustrating. I love that it focuses on family relationships, taking chances and resilience.