Wednesday, September 11, 2019

ENTICE by Author AVA HARRISON



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This is only my second ARC from Ava Harrison. I have some of her books in my TBR shelf but I haven't got to read them yet. But before proceeding, let's take a moment to appreciate the fine specimen on book cover... (1...2...3...4...5...) sigh. Alright, enough. On to the review...


If you've read the blurb, you're already aware it's a taboo romance between Grayson Price and River Reed. Grayson was River's father's best-friend.


This is my take on the age-gap thing... We love who we love. We can't help it. Hearts are stubborn by nature. And there's nothing wrong with an age-gap as long as they genuinely love each other and not using each other. As long as you're legal like Grayson and River, the 15-year difference doesn't really matter, especially in the grand scheme of things... but if we talk about Hugh Hefner and his harem of jail-baits, thats another thing...


To be honest, I think the first half of the book was slow. I don't know if I was the only one feeling this but yes... River was whiny and Gray was always brooding. It picked up somewhere past the middle but even so, there were still parts that frustrated the h€ck out of me. But from there it was already beginning to finally look up... 


Depending on your emotional state at the time of read, you might want to have your tissues within arms length because its not all just sneaky sexy times but it also has some heart-wrenching parts as well.


It was more angsty than I anticipated... but overall I did enjoy the story.