Monday, September 23, 2019

BEARD WITH ME by Author PENNY REID




MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This is my first Penny Reid ARC. I actually have the first book in this series but I just haven't gotten to it yet.


I read everything in this book... even the warning... And thats probably why I've been holding off starting this book. I'm a romantic sap, I want romance and flowers and happy ever afters... I didn't even mind the triggers but to be warned off because it's a tragic love story?? I even debated about skipping this book altogether, but I'm not a quitter... and I did sign up for this. So I forged on, with trepidation. 


It was a slow burn for me.. like I said this was my first book in the series so I didn't know anyone—at all. And based on the blurb alone this is sort of a love triangle between Billy and Scarlet St. Claire, and since Scarlet and Claire McClure, I assume is just one person, that only meant she married Ben? Did she? Ugh, now I want more...


It was heartwarming and heart-wrenching at the same time... I can't imagine loving someone so much and being able to tell them and they're already gone without them knowing how you feel.... 


I really wish Billy and Scarlet will have their happy ever after. I know in real life not everybody gets their happy ending but I sure hope the author won't leave her readers hanging like this... this is just so cruel. My heart broke for the two of them.