Thursday, August 15, 2019

I HATE YOU by Author Ilsa Madden-Mills



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING... 


This is my third ARC from the author. I was hooked when I read the blurb. College romance and enemies to lovers trope is my jam.


I had just finished the book actually... This story is about Waylon University football star Blaze and student extraordinaire Charisma. I honestly practically spent 50% of the time frustrated with these two... I hated that both of them seemed indecisive and had misplaced prides. They both keep on crossing the line but wouldn't commit. At one point I thought Blaze was taking advantage of Charm's feelings and she was just too low-key in love to resist... I didn't like that and it went that way for quite sometime which was frustrating for me... I'm just saying...


But in all fairness, as the story progressed I got to know them more and understood them better... why they were the way they were. 


This book will teach you about resilience, fortitude, and perseverance.. and that communication is key to any successful relationship. It will also make you see that taking risks is necessary when it comes to life and love. 


It's a little bit angsty because of the push and pull but its technically an easy-read and a page turner. It's something I'd pick up during the weekends... 


If you're a fan of Allie Everhart, Sara Ney, Tamara Webber or Abbi Glines, this is the book to pick up next.