Tuesday, August 13, 2019

CALL HER MINE by Author MELISSA FOSTER



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING... 

This is my first Melissa Foster ARC but I have some of her books in my TBR shelf. I got the ARC from NetGalley.

The blurb lured me in... I was actually excited to read this because I was in a  book funk and I thought this book would get me out of it... but not really. It actually took me a couple days to finish it. I love the whole premise of the story—friends to lovers, its family oriented and it also touched on taking responsibility for your actions. It was actually quite romantic. 

It was a tad bit fast-paced for my liking. I get that they were friends that had feelings for each other for a very long time but it was zero to sixty in just a short amount of time then throw in a baby in the mix and it was too much happening in one time. I wish it was prolonged/extended a little bit, after all, build-up is the key...

Everybody has a past, so I didn't mind their backstory... what got my eyes rolling so much is that some of the dialogues were a tad bit cheesy for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest romantic sap I know and I always love good ol' cheese, but I didn't think some of the lines were realistic and for me to say that, well it really was a tad bit loads of cheese but this is just my opinion. I'm just saying.

But overall I did enjoy the book... it was okay. The last couple of chapters were actually heart-wrenching so depending on how emotional you are, you might want to keep your tissues near.