Wednesday, August 7, 2019

BROKEN KNIGHT by Author LJ SHEN



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I can't believe I've just finished my sixth Leigh Shen ARC... sixth! If ya'll are looking at me right now, I'd have twinkling heart-eyes! I've been waiting for this one with utmost anticipation and now here we are.


This is Knight and Luna's story. It's friends to lovers and mature YA... There was even a time or two when I asked myself, "and these guys are still in highschool??", lol. But seriously, its gripping.


Every book can be read as a standalone but it helps to read each one to avoid confusion on who's who... Plus you'd enjoy the journey in getting to know all these characters. Everybody is awesome! 


The storyline isn't really something I haven't read before but it has its own uniqueness and it'll definitely keep you glued from beginning to end. It's angsty and swoony and sweet and emotional. Sigh... this book.


I don't claim to personally understand the troubles and tribulations each of the characters went through—like adoption, about selective muteness and dealing with step-parents, etc... but there are parts and situations that I can relate to... I also love that the story is family-centered.


Reading this book will make you realize that life is short... that communication is the key to any successful relationship... that there are risks in loving somebody... that it's okay to let your guard down and let people in and to focus more with the good.


I love the book... the pacing, the wonderful characters... their growth... It's not a light read but it's definitely a page-turner. Once you start you wouldn't want to put it down.


I'm excited for the next book to come out and hopefully to read more about Dean and Dixie in the near future. I'm so curious! Lol