Saturday, June 22, 2019

HEARTACHE AND HOPE by JAY McLean



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I've been reading Jay McLean since 2013. I can remember tearing up, short of ugly-crying, when I read More Than This... and I also have some of her books in my TBR shelf.


I was so stoked when I received an email about being given this ARC. I've been waiting to read this since it was announced. It was't only the blurb that got to me, it was also because I know deep down without any doubt that it was going to be good.


The love story of Connor and Ava left me raw and and wide open... I tried so hard not to cry, but I was unsuccessful. My chest hurt as if it was my own heart that got broken... as if I was the one going through self-pity... as if I was the one who had to accept a dreary future... and as if I was the one who had to let go of the sole reason of my happiness. 


This book will make you see how much a person is capable of sacrificing for their loved-ones... that you'll do what you need to for them even if the stakes are very high.


It was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time... From the first page to the last, I was pulled in, and I can't wait to find out what happens to their tumultuous journey in the next book. 


To the fans of Tijan, Abbi Glines and LJ Shen, this is the book to pick up next!