Wednesday, May 8, 2019

MARRIAGE FOR ONE by Author ELLA MAISE



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


This is my first ARC and first read from the Author.  I haven't read anything from Ms. Maise before so I don't have any of the slightest idea on what to expect.


Marriage For One is the story of Jack Hawthorne and Rose Coleson... It started as a marriage of convenience that got complicated somewhere in the middle.


It was really slow-burn for my liking. If you've read some of my previous entries you'd know I always like a good build-up... a chilling anticipation... but for me, it took longer than expected... but it's just my opinion.


I would say that it's not really a light read as there are parts that are angsty and sad... I would've also wished there was an epilogue of them starting a family... I live for those, lol.


Overall, I did enjoy the story... their playful banter... the funny quips... how reluctant but endearing Jack was... the characters grow on you as you turn it page after page.


For the fans of J.L. Berg, Jennifer Van Wyk and Kylie Scott, this is the book to pick up next.