Wednesday, March 13, 2019

RISKY PLAY by Author Rachel Van Dyken



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING... 

I was friggin stoked to receive my first Rachel Van Dyken ARC! I was stopping myself from jumping up and down and happy dancing! She is one of my favorite authors in the world... Toxic is my favorite book of hers because it was memorable and it made me cry... I just love her. Her books usually cheer me up...


This is the love-story of Slade and Mack... Slade wanted to get away from the pressure of being a European soccer superstar and Mack wanted to forget the betrayal and humiliation she recently went through... both were on the same flight and were seated together... there was an engine failure and they both felt spontaneous... life is short and all sh¡+... and one thing lead to another... felt a deeper connection and then something bad happens and the rest is history...


I was so giddy the entire time I was reading... I devoured the book as fast as I can but at the same time, I didn't want it to end... 


This is sort of an enemies to lovers kinda thing but it just didn't start that way... there was build up... there was anticipation... there was jealousy, angst.. and a bit of a drama. It has a bit of everything a good romance should have.


This is a story that'll make you see that regardless of social status, people would always do whatever it is to heal themselves... whatever it is to chase that happiness and whatever it is to have a peace of mind... whether you get a pay cut or move far away etc... this is a story of second chances... that some people are worth breaking your walls... that some people are worth sacrificing for... 


I loved the story... I love that it's family centered which makes it relatable to me... I'm very close to my parents... I was a daddy's girl and when my Dad died, it really affected me so much... 


The pacing of the story was great. The characters were great...and look at how gorgeous the cover is! It's light and an easy read and its definitely something ya'll would wanna check out right away... I definitely recommend!