Wednesday, March 13, 2019

NAKED LOVE by Author JEWEL E. ANN



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


This ARC came as a wonderful surprise in my inbox. This is only my second Jewel E. Ann ARC.


To be honest, I wasn't sure I was even going to like the whole hitchhiking thing with a stranger... well technically they didn't really personally know each other but they're not total strangers either... so, yes. I was a wee bit skeptical... and as I turned page after page, I was hooked... I couldn't help but be curious what happens to Jake and Avery traveling from Milwaukee to Los Angeles, with a dog named Swarley tagging along... and to top it off, they will be camping as they go along... A prissy princess and an ex-MMA fighter together? It definitely spells disaster.


I must admit, it took a while for me to warm-up to Avery... I thought she was shallow, materialistic and just basically an airhead, plus, she was a pastor's daughter which was ironic ... but she's also what made me love the whole story... she was determined to change and stand up for herself... she was determined to become a better person... sure, the process wasn't easy and she was very exasperating most times, but you can't help but root for her too... And Jake... well he is a no-nonsense kind of guy...very blunt, bordering on being an a$$höle— but is also such a softy underneath all the broodiness.


There are parts that'll pull on your heartstrings but there are also the parts that'll make you laugh out loud... 


I love it and definitely recommend!