Sunday, March 17, 2019

HEARTTHROB by Author Magan Vernon



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I'm a fan of Magan Vernon's ONLY Series... so I was so excited to receive this ARC.


This is sort of a celebrity-normal girl romance but in this case, it's between a "retired" celebrity and an old fan girl.... Lennox and Rachel has had a rough adult life given that they're both  divorced and raising kids. Their girls are classmates and has become the best of friends...  Lennox and Rachel themselves working together for the school bake sale... One thing lead to another aaaaand the rest is history...


I don't have a problem with a single-parent romance... we probably interacted more with a single parent than married ones in this lifetime... It's not like couples set out to be divorced in the first place... Nobody likes $h!t but $h!t happens. It's just a harsh reality...


I don't like cliffhangers, so I was quite surprised to learn that this is book one of a duet... It probably said somewhere that it was but I just wasn't paying enough attention because I saw it was from Magan Vernon and signed up right away... 


To be honest, it wasn't what I expected... I expected more... more depth and anticipation... and I personally think Lennox overreacted... I don't like guys who overreact. I'd expect it from a girl—no offense, but from a manly man? No... and what was that ending?? I was like, what the fü*k is this? Personally I don't think it was a big deal given that people already know he's a single dad... but I guess we'll just wait and see what happens in the last installment... if it'll all make sense or just plain drive you crazy... I hope Rachel gives him hell for acting like a d!čk...