Wednesday, January 23, 2019

MOONLIGHT SCANDALS by Author JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT




MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This is my first Jennifer Armentrout ARC but not my first book. I was so ecstatic when I got an email stating that I was one of the lucky ones to receive an advance copy.


I didn't read the blurb! At first I thought this book is a paranormal romance but no. I started reading it late at night and you can imagine the thoughts that went in my head—thinking about poltergeists and other ghostly apparitions! It's a love story with a unique twist... so many twist as a matter of fact! 


It talks about superstitious beliefs, the sacrifices one makes for the love of family... about physical and mental abuse... it also talked about the abuse of power and trying to play God... and also about finding love when you least expect it and discovering how stubborn the heart is...


This is part of a 3-book series but you can read this as a standalone. I haven't read the first two books, so I need to catch up.


I definitely love the main characters! I think they're awesome... there's nothing like a story about a quirky, candid heroine breaking down the walls of a privileged, reticent j€rkwÅd. 


This book took me by surprise. I really enjoyed reading about Devlin and Rosie's journey. I definitely recommend!