Thursday, December 6, 2018

SURVIVING AMBER SPRINGS



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This is the first time I've read something of this genre—a reverse harem, but would it be weird if I say I actually loved it?


There was a warning before signing up for the ARC that it was going to be a reverse harem... I got curious and now here I am, writing a review about it.


To be honest, this isn't really my cup of tea. I'm a huge romantic sap... so I didn't think there was anything swoony about a threesome or in this case, having three boyfriends at the same time, and get this—who are also best-friends with each other. Frankly, it made me apprehensive and anxious. I'm a very old-school romance kind of person so reading this is kind of an out of this world adventure for me...


I don't want to step on anybody's toes or beliefs. I'm only writing about my own thoughts or opinions... In reality, I don't think it'd work... Whether we like it or not, fact is we live in a world with double standards and I'd be a hypocrite not to admit if I've met someone in that kind of relationship, I'd probably be weirded or grossed out... simply because I don't really understand it.


Men are possessive and protective by nature so I think jealousy will always be a point of contention. Plus, I don't think you can ever love someone equally as you do the other... even parents have their own favorite child but just don't voice it out loud, lol. But of course, this is only a book...and so I let my mind run wild and indulged myself. I mean, come on!  Interchanging three gorgeous and sexy men? Thats so scorching hot... yes, interchanging, not at the same time, just so we're clear.


So there's Axel, Skeet and Heath... they are best-friends since they were little and then Blaire came along and turned their world upside-down. In my head, I have Chris Evans, Scott Eastwood and Nate Bateman, (sigh). I can't decide who is my favorite... it was very difficult to choose. It's like choosing between cake, pie or ice cream... 


I really had my own reservations but as I swipe page after page, I was hooked... engrossed... It was alluring... but... I also got frustrated and angry... this story will bring all that out of you.


I just wish there was a longer epilogue... and I also wish there was more of the guy's POV... I'm very curious about Axel's and Heath's mind or feelings since they weren't exposed to that kind of environment like Skeet was. 


Read with an open-mind and you'll definitely endear yourselves to Blaire, Axel, Skeet and Heath...