Thursday, December 6, 2018

THE LAST LETTER by Author Rebecca Yarros



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING..

Can ya'll believe this is only my first Rebecca Yarros ARC? I have some of her books on my TBR-shelf but I've just never gotten to start one. My TBR pile just keeps on adding up everyday and the next thing you know you have about 300 books waiting to be read... but I'm so happy to be granted the opportunity to this particular ARC. ARC's meant there is a due date thus making me start on it as soon as I can even though this book doesn't release until next year.


Like I said I haven't read any of her books before so I didnt know what to expect... I've read some of the reviews and I got anxious... I didn't want to read something that'll gut me, and those reviews basically said to prepare myself because its coming...


So I steeled myself and forged on... At the back of my mind I thought I'd be fine since I'm already anticipating the fact that there will be something tragic in the midst... then only a couple of chapters in and I was already crying...


I was mess. I even thought I wont be able to stop crying at one point. The whole story is just so beautiful—painful and gut-wrenchingly beautiful. I was blown away by its entirety... the way the author wrote the story evokes so much feelings... every tear, every smile, every frustration, every fear... you just feel everything as you turn page after page.


This story will teach you how to hold on when life blows through you like a hurricane... this will teach you about compassion and understanding... and acceptance... about faith and fate. There are just so many lessons you can learn as you read through Ella and Beckett's journey.


Honestly my heart still hurt like why did it have to happen? There are so many "whys" but like in real life, we don't have all the answers... 


The last time I cried so hard was in 2013 when I read Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder... it took me a couple of days to be myself again... Yeah sure, I've teared-up on other books but I never thought I'd cry as much like how I did five years ago... this book will always stay with me because it's memorable...