Sunday, October 21, 2018

A PRINCESS'S DUTY by Author SLOANE MUPRHY



Emilia Daarke has wanted to escape the Summer Court her entire life. She's not brutal like the other Fae. She's not savage. But they are.

When the boy she loves, Cade Vasara, Crowned Prince of the Winter Court, kills Emilia's twin, they are torn apart and Emilia's love for Cade dies just like her sibling did.


Years later, she has fallen in love with a Hunter - a forbidden love that goes against all that she has been taught. A man her father will never approve of. When her secret is outed, her father captures her Hunter and gives Emilia an ultimatum.


If she succeeds, she'll lose the one she loves. But if she fails, he will die, and she will never be able to forgive herself...

 

Grab your copy today!

Free in Kindle Unlimited

Amazon US - https://amzn.to/2CXuMWb

Amazon Worldwide - mybook.to/PrincessDutyMS

Add it to your TBR - https://bit.ly/2O5qEpf

 

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


I was so excited to learn that I was chosen to receive an ARC from Sloane Murphy! I've been looking forward to this one ever since I've read the synopsis. 


I'm such a picky reader when it comes to paranormal or fantasy books, and if you'll check out my Goodreads profile or my blog, you'd see that most of them are contemporary romance... but I do indulge myself in some fantasy reads once in a while as long as there is romance in it. What? I'm a huge romantic sap!lol


This is the story of childhood friends turned enemies—Princess Emilia Daarke and Crowned Prince Cade Vasara. Their kingdoms were at war once upon a time and then a peace treaty was signed... It was relatively smooth sailing for a while—until that one fateful night when everything came crashing down. 


This is definitely a dark fantasy read because of the pretty graphic mental pictures that'll pop in your head... but it has heart too because the whole point of the story is love and family. It's why Emilia persevered and sacrificed... it's why Cade did what he had to do.


To he honest, this would be my first fae read. I usually veer towards angels and demons, and yes I have fae books and haven't started on them yet... but I gotta say I enjoyed it page after page. 


The cover is beautiful and though it was a bit fast paced and there were parts where my imagination had a wee bit difficulty catching up, it was gripping from beginning to end. And that twist... man, I wouldn't have guessed! My jaw dropped! 


I can't wait to read the conclusion to this duet!


To the fans of Wintersong and The Cruel Prince, this is the book to pick up next!