Monday, June 11, 2018

WANTING MR. CANE by Author SHANORA WILLIAMS



KANDY
It was love at first sight when I met Mr. Cane.
He was handsome, broody, tattooed, and rich. For years, he’s been mine. He just didn’t know it.

I wasn’t expecting to fall in love with him, or for him to want me in the ways that he did.
None of it was ever supposed to happen, but after all we’ve done together, it’s too late to turn back now. A once harmless crush had blossomed into so much more.

CANE
When we first met, she was just a kid - my best friend’s daughter. A sweet, young girl with a big heart. But now, she’s a young woman who knows what she wants, and all she wants is me.

I’ve tried holding back, pretending the connection meant nothing, but my sweet candy cane made it impossible. If anyone finds out, I’ll be ruined. I’ve worked too hard to lose everything I’ve built. But there’s just something about her that tempts me, making me want to sacrifice just about anything to have her.

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

Oh wow! I was practically fanning myself the whole time.


The storyline isn't something I haven't read before, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. This actually reminded me of a book the Author wrote a few years back, Tainted Black, and I loved that book as well. That one has a bit of heavy drama, while this one, I feel like it's leaning towards erotica... lol


Although I haven't found myself in the same situation as the heroine, Kandy, I definitely could relate to her in other ways... 


I'm not one of those stuck-up readers who'd overreact right away you know? We've all, if not most, have had a crush on someone much older than us at one point in our lives and there's nothing wrong about that... Let me just point out, that Kandy and Mr. Cane started getting physical when Kandy was already at the age of majority... from the outside looking in, I don't see anything bad about it... But if it were my daughter having a physical relationship with one of my husband's best-friends, I'd be batshit crazy angry. If you're a parent and this is real life, you'd be absolutely livid. But since this is a romantic story about forbidden love, I'll indulge. 


People fall in love all the time. We can't help who we fall in love with... Love is blind. But of course, the point of contention in this, is the guy is the Dad's bestfriend. If he wasn't, then there wouldn't be much of a problem aside from the crazy Ex...


Ugh! I can't believe it has a cliffy! I dont like to be left high and dry when it was just getting real good! Lol but I guess I don't have to wait that long coz book 2 is coming real soon! Aaah sooo freaking exciting!