Wednesday, April 4, 2018

THIS TIME AROUND by Author STACEY LYNN



BLURB

Cooper Hawke was everything I didn’t need.

Rich and famous, and a high-profile actor, he lived a life of luxury while my life had always been much more simple.
Yet when he showed up at my cattle ranch in Kansas, he gave me everything I didn’t think I wanted again.

His marriage was over and he was lost.
I was still barely surviving in my grief after my husband’s sudden death.

As hard as I tried to keep him out, he slipped past my defenses, and slowly, a connection grew between us I could no longer deny.

But this time around, we were on borrowed time.


Because Cooper still had his real life waiting for him back in Hollywood.



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


I was so excited to receive an ARC of this book, and particularly because it's from Stacey Lynn! She's one of my faves.


I know celebrity-normal girl romances are usually cliché, cheesy, predictable and shallow but this one is far from it. It focuses more on the simple life... On taking a step back and just breathe... It's far from reading about whiny, ungrateful A-Listers. 


This story revolves around a widowed farm girl named Rebecca and an award-winning actor named Cooper, who needed to escape the limelight for a little while... One is more broken than the other... One is brave enough to take a risk, the other is scared sh!tles$ to at least try again...


This story will definitely take you on an emotional ride... it touches on topics such as grief, infidelity and inner turmoil. 


I had been in a book-hungover for a couple of days and none of my current reads got me out of my funk until I read this one... I was enthralled by the story of Cooper and Rebecca from the very beginning. 


And eventhough it's mostly drama, it's not draining at all. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!