Tuesday, April 3, 2018

THE END ZONE by Author LJ SHEN



BLURB:

Jolie Louis is a smart girl. She knows that her best friend, Sage Poirier, is a bad idea. He's a walking, talking cliché. The Adonis quarterback with the bulging biceps and harem of fangirls trailing behind him on campus like a stench you can't get rid of. Sadly, that's also the reason she can't stay away from him. Well, that and the fact that they're roommates. 

Jolie is already straddling the line between friendship and more when Sage comes to her with an offer she cannot refuse: Be his fake girlfriend and live for free for the rest of the semester. She tells herself that she can handle it. He's just the boy she saved 10 years ago, right? Wrong. So very wrong. He is a man now, and she is his captive, heart, body, and soul....


MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

While I was reading, I kept on having dejavu moments... I was like, "Wait... This seems familiar... I've read this before..." and I was right! This was part of an anthology I've read last year... lol


(Sigh) I loved it the first time and I loved it now just the same. I know it was written to be a novella, but I wish it was a full-length novel... I like a good build up... I would've wanted to read about Jolie and Sage developing their feelings at a slower pace.