Wednesday, March 14, 2018

WHAT HE DOESN'T KNOW by Author KANDI STEINER



SYNOPSIS

On the northeast side of town, there is a house. 

The house was once magical, filled with love and joy and plans for the future. 

Inside its walls are many things that belong to me — my books, the china from my mother on my wedding day, the beautiful cage once home to two birds, now empty, just like me. 

And a man. 

A man who also belongs to me. 

A man I no longer wish to keep. 

A man who, no doubt, has not slept, though the sun is rising. Because the house where he waits is where I laid my head to rest every night for eight years. Until last night. 

No one who knows me would believe Charlie Pierce, the quiet, bookish girl who never made waves is pulling out of the driveway of a man who isn’t her husband. 

But they don’t know me at all. 

I don’t even know me. 

Not anymore. 

They say there are two sides to every story, and I suppose in most cases, that’s true. But the one I live inside of? It has three. 

On the northeast side of town, there is a house. 

But there is no longer a home.



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

Man oh man! I'm just so blown away! I dont know how I feel—angry, happy, frustrated, anxious and hopeful?? I was hooked from the very first page to the last... and man, I wasnt expecting that twist... friggin brilliant!

This... this is why I love to read. This, right here is a great story. It's gripping... and exciting... and each page just kept on getting juicier... each page just kept on getting better and better.

It's been a long couple of months since I really gushed about a book... Sure, I've read some pretty awesome books, and I've given some of them 5-stars... but if I could give this one more than that, I definitely would. 

I couldn't put the book down to save my life... My heart and my head kept on saying, "Just one more chapter"—and then bam! The next thing I know, it's already 3am and I've already finished it... pulled an all nighter with this one. Sure, I look like the walking dead right now, but who cares?? It was all worth it!

The blurb alone is enticing... and would definitely get you curious... and of course, anxious at the same time. I told myself to keep an open-mind.

I dont condone cheating or stepping-out in a relationship. I've been there... I've been cheated on... It's devastating not only to your mental, physical and emotional health but to your whole humanity... That being said and put out there, I'd like ya'll to reserve judgment on the all the characters in this book until the end. There is more to Charlie, Cameron and Reese...

Gaaaah! This book made me tear up. I didnt want to, but it was written so vividly... I felt the heartbreak, the longing, the disappointment, the regret, the passion... I felt the resentment... the strength and I felt the love... I felt everything. 

Reading this reminded me of those pretty epic modern love-triangles I came across through-out the years... there was Cathy, Ben and Arsen from Mia Asher; there was Kellan, Kiera and Denny from S.C. Stephens; then there was Emily, Gavin and Dillon from Gail McHugh... and of course, who could forget Dahlia, River and Ben from Kim Karr?? Everyone loves to read a good drama... 

This is by far Ms. Steiner's best work as of date, and I cant wait to get some answers to my questions and read the conclusion to this epic love story.