Wednesday, March 14, 2018

LIKE A BOSS by Author SYLVIA PIERCE and LILI VALENTE



BLURB:

I’m one puff piece away from tearing up my journalism degree and hurling my laptop into the Hudson River. So when I smell a juicy story brewing at my brother’s Wall Street investment firm, I’ll do whatever it takes to get my scoop.

One clever disguise later, I’m deep undercover as the firm’s newest broker, simultaneously gathering intel and spouting off stock tips like a boss.

Go me, right?

Sure, it sounds good on paper, but there’s a catch: the actual boss.

Chief Executive Panty-melter Jack Holt is cocky. Infuriating. And one smoldering look has me ready to violate every rule in the employee handbook.

Thank God my assignment has an expiration date. Because falling for my brother’s best friend and business partner is a lose-lose proposition. Right?


***

In the market for a hot tip? Here’s one.

Don’t bang your best friend’s little sister. Especially when she’s an investigative journalist and your company is the target of her latest exposé.

Unfortunately, I’ve got a hard-on for high-risk bets, and I’m more than eager to invest my considerable stock holdings in Ellie Seyfried’s…ahem…glorious assets.

Friends with fringe benefits is a sweet deal, but it’s not long before I’m falling harder than the post-bubble Nasdaq, hooked on Ellie’s sweet smile and determination to make the world a better place.

There’s only one problem…

When it comes to risking my money, I’ve mastered every trick in the book. But how the hell do I risk my heart?


MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This is the second time I received an ARC from Lili Valente and it's pretty awesome!


Ellie goes undercover in her brother's investment firm to investigate about gender bias and all that comes with it...unfortunately, it's not only that she discovers but also something big that could potentially destroy the company her brother and his bestfriend built. No one took her seriously when she went in as herself and with people knowing she's their boss' sister... and that is why she came up with this crazy idea of disguising herself as a man and applied for a position in the company, only Jack Holt, the other boss, figured her out right from the outset... 


I still can't get over how Ellie was able to pull-off her undercover persona for 3 weeks but I imagine her passing off as Eric must've involve some really good prosthetics lol


What I loved about this book is that it's not only a romantic comedy but it also tackled about present issues which is really the catalyst of why Ellie did what she did... 


It's an in-love-with-your-brothers-bestfriend kind of story and it's funny, light and sexy! This is something you'd wanna grab after a long days work and just want to kick back and relax. 


***

4.5 stars