Wednesday, March 14, 2018

HONEST LOVE by Author Lauren McKELLAR



BLURB

When you’ve got nothing left to live for, you’ve got nothing left to lose.

 

In one tragic moment, Cameron Lewis lost everything. His fiancée. His unborn child. His perfect life. 
 
Now, he does what needs to be done in order to get by. Work hard. Play it safe. They’re his mottos, and he’s not going to break them. 
 
Until a beautiful woman with the ocean in her eyes and freedom in her soul comes to his rescue. She’s never known the kind of tragedy he has—and that’s what makes her so damn appealing.
 
But can Cameron finally let go and risk that last piece of himself? Will honest love be enough?

 

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


I was excited for my first Lauren McKellar ARC. I promised myself some time ago that I'll spread my reading wings wider and read more from authors I'm not quite familiar with... Alrighty! Let's get to it!


To sum it all up, this story was focused on Cameron Lewis' inability to move on... Ya'll read the blurb... so yeah.


I understand grief really well because I've experienced it myself... and like I always say, there is no time-frame on moving on... I don't think you'll ever get over something that tragic because you lose a piece of you along with it... a part of your soul.


I know some stories are written to be as realistic as possible, and  as a reader and a huge romantic sap, I like it like too but in this one, Cam's push and pull was a tad bit exasperating... I kept on checking the page I'm on and even when I was way past the middle, I thought, man, Cam's gotta make progress some time soon... but as I read on, I wondered will it ever happen??


And I guess it can be a good thing when you have your readers at the edge of their seats, but I felt like it took so long and too quick to quash what good was achieved... or am I the only one who felt this way?


I've read plenty about broody, broken characters... heck! I've bawled my eyes out on some... and I guess the only difference is that the lead character just took too long to move to the next step and just moments to revert back. It was really frustrating, and I felt it was a bit dragging... I'm sorry 😔


Maybe the second book wont be so frustrating as this one 🤷🏻‍♀️



***

3.75 stars