Saturday, March 24, 2018

BOOK OF WATCHERS by Author MARY TING



BLURB:

Before the Bible, there was Book of Watchers


Enoch wants to live an ordinary life. He’s content to lie low, skip his college classes, and avoid committing to any one girl. But ordinary isn’t on the syllabus for Enoch because at night, he dreams of demons. Vivid dreams that leave him wanting escape more than ever. When they escape his dreams and attack him during daylight, his reality becomes a nightmare.

As he pieces together the meaning behind the encounters, supernatural creatures emerge. Demons. Vampires. Witches. Angels.  And they all want something from him. In a supernatural world he never thought possible, Enoch uncovers a secret that either will destroy him or force him to become much more than he ever wanted.



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


OH MY FREAKING GOD!! Fantasy at its full fantasticalness! Okay, to be honest I wrote "fantasticness" and it had a red line under it... apparently its not a word... But I definitely meant its soooo fantastic lol


The title alone was very capturing, and since its the season of lent, I felt like there's a connection somehow... and believe it or not, eventhough I'm catholic, I dont know all the archangels so I actually googled it and also googled The Book Of Watchers, and the Book of Enoch actually came up... So it's really interesting. 


I was so fascinated right from the very start. I kept on checking my progress every couple of chapters because I simply don't want it to end... My heart actually sank after the last page, and I'm like oh man, how long do I have to wait for the next book.. FYI, I'm not above begging! Mary, if you're reading this I need my next fix. I need book two...pleeeeeeaaase! 


Mary Ting is one of my fave authors. She doesn't only write awesome books, but she's kind and nice to her fans, and generous as well... just really a nice person overall. 


I love the CROSSROADS SAGA. I loved Michael and Claudia's story, but this one, I feel like its sexier, more adult, more complicated and more riveting... I'll definitely be waiting in dire anticipation for book two!