Thursday, September 28, 2017

The GHOSTWRITER by Author Alessandra Torre

 
BLURB:
 I have three months to write the last book of my life. Three months to confess the details of that day, and how it changed everything for me. 
My name is Helena Ross. I’ve written fifteen romance novels, ten of which have become international bestsellers. But this one isn't a romance, no Happily Ever After in place. This novel holds only the truth, which I have run away from for four years. The truth, which I have hidden from the police, from my loved ones, from the world.  This final book? It's my confession.

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

Oh wow... Never thought I'd have palpitations after reading a book. There was a warning in the email saying that this book isn't a love story... And to be honest, I did have second thoughts. I'm a romantic sap... I crave romance... I had several moments where I felt I didn't want to finish... But there's a little voice inside of my head that kept on pushing me to just forge on... And so I did.

I love the book, no doubt about it. Definitely my first time reading something like it... It's uniqueness and mystery is what kept me going on... I don't know how to talk about it without giving something away... I feel like discussing about it further will give hints, and I didn't wanna do that and spoil it for the others who haven't  read the book yet.

The main character, Helena Ross is relatable... You guys may find it weird but yeah, I can relate to her in more ways than one.
 
 I didn't expect the twists and turns in the story—truly. At some point, I even thought that Helena would fall in love with the Ghostwriter...

The last couple of chapters are definitely gripping and shocking... I'm in a coffee shop as I'm writing this review... I was also reading the last chapters earlier, and had been blinking so much and looking upwards, trying to keep the tears at bay. I didn't expect the story to turn out the way it did...
 
This may not be the kind of story I usually eat up, but this kind of variety isn't bad either. Thank you Alessandra Torre for the ARC. It's an honor to receive one from you.

The Ghostwriter is already now.