Monday, September 25, 2017

STILL by Author Kennedy Ryan

 
BLURB:
 
I'll be there. 
 Through thick and thin. Ride or die. You can count on me.   The promises people make. The vows we take. 
Assumptions of the heart.     

Emotion tells us how we feel, but life...life has a way of plunging us in boiling water, burning away our illusions, testing our faith, trying our convictions.  Love floating is a butterfly, but love tested is an anchor. 

For Grip and Bristol Love started at the top of the world On a Ferris wheel under the stars But when that love is tested, will they fly or fall?

***You must read the Prequel "FLOW" and Book 1 of the Series "GRIP" before reading "STILL."



My Thoughts After Reading...

 


Oh my gosh! I'm so blown away by this book! Where do I even begin?? I've never highlighted so much in ages! Practically every chapter has something that'll strike your heart, mind or both... (Sigh)

 

Everything is just so beautiful.... the story plan, the pacing, the characters... It made me laugh, contemplate about things, angry and cry... Oh man the crying cant really be helped unless you have a heart of stone.

 

I'm aware that there books about mixed couples... couples with different ethnicities and beliefs... I've read some... but so far this is the most memorable one because for me, it broke some type of barrier... It opened my eyes wider and gave me more grasp about these type of things... 

 

It's relatable in a sense that its socially relevant especially these past couple of months, news about racism only seem to get worst... I'm a SF 49ers fan, and a fan of Colin Kaepernick... I'm aware of his cause, and his calls for change... I kinda' see Grip in him. 

 

I think everybody has experienced racism in one way or another... Some subtly, others more... I'm a Filipino, who grew up in a bi-religion household. My Dad is a Muslim and my Mom is a Roman Catholic. I'm aware of the struggles and biases because of I have relatives and friends from both sides. In my part of the world, the kind of racism we encounter is usually about religion or from which tribe you are from... But what is amazing is that, eventhough my parents have different religions and came from different regions, I see them happy. I see so much love and respect they have for eachother... Its what I'd hope to have one day for myself.... and I guess its true what they say that when you really love someone, you see beyond the physical...beyond religion or race. You see the heart. And if your heart connects with theirs, it just simply connects—with no rhyme or reason.

 

I love how the author wrote Bristol and Grips story... Its as real as it gets. The trials and tribulations... their reactions to situations... even if we remove how glamourous these people's jobs are, they were still written like how normal people in love would be... how bereaved people would be... how angry people would be when attacked... Like I said, as real as it gets. And most importantly lets not forget the social awarness it invokes from the reader... This book is just so full of relevance and awesomeness. 

 

I'm so honored to receive an ARC from Ms. Kennedy Ryan. This is my second ARC from her... and this was written just as beautifully, if not more, as her other works.

 

STILL is out now!