Wednesday, August 16, 2017

HOOKED by Authors KARLA SORENSEN & WHITNEY BARBETTI

 
SYNOPSIS
 
X and I were probably doomed from the start.

That’s what happens when you meet in court-mandated group therapy and then try to steal from him to pay off your blackmailing drug dealer. Former drug dealer, thank you very much. I'm turning over a new leaf and all that.

Which is why I should leave him alone.


Except he tempts me to do things I swore I’d stop doing. It’s that whole gruff, grumbly, anti-social thing he has going on. Him, flame. Me, moth. Something about him calls to me, makes the blood hum in my body. And I don't want that feeling to end.

Lucy Connors is straight-up insane.

She looks like a Disney princess and tries my patience in more ways than I thought possible. Besides the fact that I have to save her cute little ass from jail, I can’t quite figure out how to leave her alone. Even when she’s trying her hand at Breaking and Entering. Especially when it's my house she's burglarizing.

Yeah, we were probably doomed from the start.

But that’s the thing about being hooked on something so good, and so bad for you—you don’t walk away when you should.
 
 
 
My Thoughts After Reading...


I was provided with an ARC, and I'm not afraid to admit that I must be living under a rock, lol. This would be the first time I've read from both  Ms. Karla Sorensen and Ms. Whitney Barbetti, and I can say that this was such a fun read!
 
This story is your typical "opposites attract," only in a different setting. Here, the girl comes from the wrong side of the tracks, who has to fulfill court-mandated therapy sessions while on probation from a drug-related crime. There she meets other quirky characters including Xavier, an anxiety-ridden, wealthy anti-social mama's boy.

Lucy's life is the perfect example of what Murphy's Law is all about... Their relationship started off crazy and then went to batshit crazy. Lol! It was just one thing after another. I thought this book was gonna be full of unnecessary drama and with a high body count—coz let's face it, when you read about drug dealers, there are usually a bunch of them, and is usually connected to the mafia or gangs...and then from there it just blows up. But like I said, the book was surprisingly funny. No gruesomeness whatsoever.

If any of y'all are looking for a light and fun read, then this is the book to grab. Available on Amazon.com on August 23rd.