Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WHEN IT RAINS by LISA De JONG

SYNOPSIS:

One night changed my life forever.

Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't. 

I haven’t told anyone.

I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone.

Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.

I’ve been hurt. 

I’ve been saved. 

And I’ve found hope. 

I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…

Again.



My thoughts after reading...
I don't even know where or how to start... Putting my thoughts into writing about this story feels like an arduous feat. Honestly, my emotions are all-over the place. It's probably even all-over the goddamn city! 

Oh man, I'm such a mess right now! I'm surely gonna avoid lookin at the mirror in the morning. I'm well aware of how puffy my eyes are... No, who am I kidding? Puffy is an understatement. They may probably look more like I went into a brawl against Mike Tyson minus the bloodied cuts...

I've never ugly-cried so much in my life, like ever! I mean yeah I had cried over really sad stories (will always do...) and I may have ugly-cried unabashedly on some... Lord knows I did, but this one just takes the cake! 

I've always thought no book would take the place of FALLING INTO YOU by Jasinda Wilder as the number one most heart-wrenching story in my list, guess I thought wrong. Reading through this left me gutted-open. I literally felt my heart clench... Is it even physically possible and still be alive?? Anyway... 

Admittedly, I didn't like Kate at first. I thought she was weak, overly naive and annoyingly dramatic. But then I hadn't been physically-abused either, so I don't have any idea how I'd react, much less assume... Sometimes, we're so quick to judge others just by looking at the surface but what most of us fail to realize is that different people deal with situations differently, and therefore react to them differently. Some turn to alcohol as a coping mechanism, others turn to food... etc... And Kate? She chose to shut-down.

Like I always say, losing a loved-one is the worst kind of heartbreak in the entire world. God knows I still feel the void inside my heart like it had only happened seven days ago, instead of seven years. There are certain heartbreaks we can never recover from.

Everybody has the right to happiness. Everybody deserves to enjoy whatever form of freedom they have, just as long as they don't deliberately hurt another person--whether physically or emotionally.

When It Rains is a story about acceptance, second-chances, heartbreak and resilience. Here, you will also learn about empathy and the different kinds of love and how complicated human emotions are, and humans in general... This is such a beautiful story! 

For the fans of FALLING INTO YOU by Jasinda Wilder, FALLING FOR HADIE by Komal Kant, WHEN YOU'RE READY by JL Berg, BETTER by Carey Heywood and WHATS LEFT OF ME by Amanda Maxlyn, this is definitely the book to read next.

GET YOUR KINDLE COPY BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW:



And don't forget to read the sequel-novella, AFTER THE RAIN...