Saturday, October 5, 2013

TORN by KIM KARR


SYNOPSIS:

Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship…

Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her "Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.
                                                                  
River wants to show Dahlia that life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended?  Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?

My thoughts after reading...

TORN is one of my most anticipated sequels for 2013!

I fell even more in love with River! He reminds me of my book-husband Gavin Blake!Lol 

So the story picks-up when Ben decides to "resurrect" from the dead... Everybody was overwhelmed about the news. It was all a one big clusterfuck of emotions, especially for Dahlia. I felt her you know... Her confusion, her anger...the hurt... She went through hell when Ben "died." She was like a freakin' zombie for 2years and to learn now, that it was all just a hoax?? I mean of course she's happy Ben is alive but, I understand her frustration. 

Through Ben's eyes, he was protecting Dahlia....but reading through the story, yes, I agree with Dahlia. It was selfish. He should've told her about the threat in the first place. Ben shouldn't have kept something life-changing like this one from his fiancé...they could've worked through it you know...'could've disappeared together. They were supposed to be a team since they were an engaged couple... Man oh man, what secrets could do to hurt a relationship 😞(sigh)...

And River..I can't blame him for being a bit insecure about the whole thing. Ben was Dahlia's first love, first kiss, first everything... I'd surely feel the same...

And Ben..ugh! The cheating..the lying... I know he sincerely loves Dahlia and I get it...that people do make mistakes but cheating is a conscious decision...Its a choice. No matter how relentless a girl is, if he didn't wanna do it, then nothing will happen. He can't blame Dahlia for feeling the way she did about him.

And the twists and turns of it all...death of a loved-one... secrets revealed... Ahhh... the epic emotional roller-coaster I rode while reading about Dahlia, River and Ben.

I must say that I wanted some more of River & Dahlia after the wedding... And what did Ben do? Where was he? I honestly thought he would cause trouble at the wedding. He is stubborn, and at the back of my mind, I thought he'd fight for his Dahl because we fight for the ones we love... I know Torn is a part of a series but I would've wanted to know a bit... 

River and Dahlia's love for each other is so intense... And I hope to have something like that. Maybe it happens in real life, maybe it doesn't... But it does give me something to dream about.

The story teaches us that, "whats meant to be, will always find its way..." And it will happen, one way or another when fate steps-in... I mean who would've thought they'd find each other again after 5years?? Who would've thought, in the end and after all, they'd get married? So I guess its true what they say about "Everything happening for a reason... " If Ben hadn't faked his death, Dahlia and River could never be...

To the fans of Gavin Blake from Pulse & Collide by Gail McHugh, Connor Black from Forever Black & Forever You, and David Ferris from Lick by Kylie Scott, this is definitely a must read!

Click on the link below to get your own kindle copy of Torn & Connected: