Thursday, September 19, 2013

CROSSROADS SAGA by MARY TING

SYNOPSIS for CROSSROADS (Book#1)

Can two worlds collide in dreams? 

Protecting her from the fallen was his duty.
Falling in love was never part of his plan.
Loving her was forbidden.
Being with her was all that mattered, even if it meant he would be exiled for all eternity

Claudia Emerson's life is about to change when her good friend, who coincidentally shares the same first and last name, dies in a tragic accident after the homecoming dance. Distraught at the loss of her friend, Claudia's dreams become tumultuous, and through them she mysteriously travels to another world called Crossroads. Unknown to her, Crossroads is like a second heaven, a place between heaven and earth, where the souls of humans in comas or near death experiences may wander. There, she unexpectedly meets Michael, a nephilim--half angel, half human. It turns out that this isn't her first visit, which is an enigma, for she has no recollection of being there, and is told that no human has crossed over...until Claudia. Now that she's been there, fallen and demons are after her, suspecting she must be special, and it is up to Michael and the other nephilim to protect her. Her dream becomes a nightmare as more secrets are revealed about who she really is, and the true identities of the people she loves most. The situation becomes even more complicated when she is unable to hinder her feelings for her swoon-worthy guardian angel. Can Michael fight his growing feelings for Claudia and protect her as a guardian angel should, or will he be too blinded by human emotions and the struggles of being who he is?

My thoughts after reading...

WOW... Like wow! I was almost speechless after reading all 5parts!

To tell you guys the truth, the only Fantasy/Paranormal book/s I've read was the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer. I've also read blurbs about the HUSH HUSH Series, and I have them on my e-library but never really read them...although I'm sure they're nice books but I was thinking, since reading a normal romance novel is already a fantasy on its own and reading about fantasy romance novels already makes the fantasizing even more redundant you know?? Am I rambling like a  debater on crack? Hope not. Okay...Moving on...

So okay... I'm a huge fan of Maxwell Knight, that dashing debonaire male protagonist from Mary Clarke's (a.k.a Mary Ting) other novel entitled SOMETHING GREAT... So basically Mary introduced me to her other great writes, namely the Crossroads Saga... I was skeptical at first since it was about angels, and fallens, etc. But I gave it a go and started reading the first book in the series, Crossroads. And man oh man, was I blown away! Like, really blown out of my wits... It wasn't the blown-out-of-my-wits-when-reading-about-scorching love scenes kinda thing, its the inspiring and sighing kind... It wasn't really what I expected, it was more. Only if I read 'em all straight, I would've 'coz it was just too good to put down! But I needed sleep and needed nourishment, so....

The Crossroads Saga is basically about Claudia Emerson coming to terms with her destiny as one of the powerful angels... She didn't expect to be this important-special being because she was conditioned since birth as a  human...she didn't have any inkling on how special she is, that the fallen and the demons are after. 

She enters a world, much different than our own through her dreams...and the catch is, it wasn't really a dream. It was her reality. And through her journey to self-discovery, she falls in love with Michael, an alkin--half human, half angel...who was also her guardian angel... Together they face trials and tribulations, and the fact that its forbidden for them to fall in love with eachother. 

And while reading through the series, you just cant help but fall in love more and more with them and with the other characters. 

Special mention to Davin and Austin... Davin made me laugh so hard! Mr. Chips and Salsa!haha... I can see myself being friends with someone like him. And Austin (sigh).... I love Austin as much as I love Michael. He may be cocky, but he loves genuinely. I admire that about him. He loves Claudia so much, that he is willing to let go and be hurt himself rather than her. Sacrificing his own feelings... And through-out the story, to learn that he was the first one to meet Claudia, and the first one to probably love her, is just heart-wrenchingšŸ˜£ Setting aside his love even though it was killing him inside,  is such a noble thing to do, knowing the heart is stubborn and selfish... There was even a part of me, who wanted them to be together... but of course, we cant dictate fate or feelings. Michael has already imprinted on Claudia's heart, and vice versa.

This is such a beautiful love story...probably even better than Twilight. The story made me laugh and made me cry...okay, I ugly-cried myself practically on every book in this series...but seriously, this is a must read! Like, MUST. No wonder the series received a prestigious award...

I totally recommend reading them!





TO GET YOUR COPY OF THE BOOKS, JUST CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW. The first book is free on Amazon Kindle.






MARY CLARKE's (a.k.a Mary Ting) other novel: