Monday, June 17, 2013

KALEB (Alluring Indulgence #1) by Nicole Edwards




Synopsis:

Zoey Stranford might’ve had a crush on the sexy boy next door since middle school, but she’s a woman now, and that crush has turned into a full blown case of lust. So why is it that at twenty nine, her libido decides to ramp into high gear and the only thing she can focus on is the intensely sexy, scorching hot boy next door who is definitely not a boy anymore? 

The only problem is that Zoey and Kaleb have been best friends for as long as she can remember. Not to mention, Kaleb and his brothers are working on buying Stranford land to build a new resort, and she’s more than a little hesitant about his intentions.

Kaleb Walker has had his eye on Zoey for close to twenty years, but never before has he considered taking their friendship to the next level, no matter how many fantasies he’s had about her over the years. That doesn’t explain why Kaleb is hell bent on having her – in as many ways as possible. 

Kaleb finds himself in a precarious situation. His brothers have nominated him to pursue Zoey’s father about purchasing the land needed to get their new resort off the ground. Finding out that Carl Stranford is on the brink of foreclosure and Zoey might just lose her house and the land, Kaleb now has to convince her to put aside her pride and let him help her.

It doesn’t take long before the flames start burning bright and hot, and the two of them burn up the nights and the days as they explore each other’s forbidden fantasies. But can their friendship survive a business transaction or the new friends with benefits clause? Or will they realize that they’ve been overlooking something much deeper that’s been right in front of them all along?


My thoughts after reading...

Woah! Gimme a minute to gather all my fawkin' wits! OMG! I wasn't expecting this book to be a story about "menage-a-trois" or maybe I just missed it while reading the synopsis 😅 

Okay, here's the thing... First and foremost I'm not a prude... I'm all for the unleashing of passionate love...but.....okay... Although this story has romance, I didn't like that the feelings of the characters are kinda' driven more by lust... I mean there's nothing wrong with being sensual and getting in touch with your wild side but having to physically share the woman, whom you claim to love more than anything, with your bestfriend is just plain weird. I mean how could you tolerate being there and watch them going at it?!? I know there are lot of weird things happening around but I just don't get it... I'm so sorry, I don't. I mean, excluding the parts of the menage-a-trois, the story could've been more romantic and sweet. 

The love scenes were graphic and it almost short-circuited my dendrites while I was trying to mentally picture it... Of course different people have different preferences or various indulgence but personally, Ididn't  like Kaleb's kinks... I mean if you really truly love someone, wouldn't we wanna keep them to ourselves and hold-on to them tight and treat them like precious jewels?? Kaleb asked Zoey to marry him for pete's sake! Does this arrangement still stand even after they get married or what?? And then Kaleb talks about how long he's been in love with Zoey and how much he loves her and all but threesomes?! I mean it says in the story Kaleb is kinda' possessive and protective thats why I found it a bit sickening for him to wanna share her with Gage...theres nothing wrong with being adventurous but I just didn't like the story that much, is just plain weird to me.