Monday, June 17, 2013

FOREVER MY GIRL by Heidi McLaughlin



Synopsis:

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 

And now I’m going back. 

After ten years. 

I hope I can explain that after all this time. 

I still want her to be my forever girl.


My thoughts after reading...

I've had this book for some time now but I just kept putting it off. I have 3 libraries of ebooks and quite a number of paperbacks so surely you'll understand why I don't know what to read next. So I was scrolling to choose another book to read and I decided on reading this one. 

I loved the story! I loved how Liam was hell bent on making up what he lost-- lost time, precious moments... Although I feel there were parts that were left hanging...like Noah's reaction when Nick left. It wasnt mentioned... And also, I would've wanted Liam to grovel some more and Josie to not so easily thaw on him. Afterall, he just ran away and left and she her alone to deal with her being preggers and all. But I guess people react differently... And what about Liam's dad or his agent Sam? Whatever happened to them? They just disappeared from the story just like that? 

What I would've wanted to read more about  is Liam and Josie's story in the end... I would've wanted to read about their wedding, about raising a family on the road, about them overcoming the pitfalls of not having so much privacy being that Liam is a famous rockstar...but nevertheless, i loved it. What can I do? I'm just a sucker for happy endings...☺