Sunday, July 14, 2019

MILLION DOLLAR MARRIAGE by Katy Evans




MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


This is my first Katy Evans ARC but not my first book. I got my ARC from NetGalley through the Montlake Publishing website. 


I've read the Mine series and I also have some of her books in my TBR shelf.


I used to watch reality tv shows a couple of years back. It's not that I'm not a fan anymore, it's just I find some to be very OA and fake. And I'd rather read than watch tv anyway.


The main characters are relatable. I can relate to Penelope in a way because she's introverted, guarded, knows when to be confident and she's a bookworm. And where do I even start with Luke? He is sweet, caring, sentimental and honest—very swoon-worthy. 


I've read a couple of stories with more or less similar storylines but this is unique in the sense that they needed to wed before starting the race. I enjoyed their journey. Their development from acquaintance to lovers was a wee bit frustrating because I felt like it took a wee bit longer to heat up but it definitely induced butterflies in my tummy. 


It's an easy read, it's sweet and a page turner. 


If you're a reality tv junkie, or if you want something light to read over the weekend, this is the book to pick up next.