Sunday, March 31, 2019

BEFORE WE FELL by Author Stacey Lynn



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I'm so happy to receive another ARC from Ms. Stacey Lynn. She's one of my go-to authors when I want to read a feel-good romance.


This is the story of a hot-shot lawyer named Noah Wilkes whose life was upended by a devastating tragedy. He up and left his big city job and his fancy lifestyle to go back to his hometown of Carlton to raise his niece Riley... and here comes sassy but sweet grade school teacher in the form of Lauren Frazier, who also happens to be his backyard neighbor as well.


Lauren did more than her part as Riley's teacher. She really genuinely cared. 


Noah did the best he could. It's never easy to go through physically losing a loved-one. I get that there is some kind of level of PTSD when you lose someone so dear to you... I can't blame him for acting the way he did. But at the same we can't also choose our relatives, and I'm speaking from experience.


I love the story! It's something that will definitely pull on your heartstrings... it's tragic and emotional because it involves a child who went through a massive upheaval in her young life. It's just an overall sweet story with just the right amount of angst.


If you've read standalones from Rachel Van Dyken, Tijan Meyer and Corinne Michaels, then this is the book to pick up next.