Monday, February 18, 2019

WHAT HE NEVER KNEW by Author KANDI STEINER



MY THOUHTS AFTER READING...


This is my sixth Kandi Steiner ARC and I'm over the moon stoked about it. I loved the first two books in this series... they were such unforgettable reads in 2018. 


I had been wondering whether or not Reese would get his own story and now, here we are.


If you've read the first two books in the series, you'd know that Reese teaches along with Charlie Pierce... Although this can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the first two books for ya'll to fully understand the journey or the history why is Reese the way he is... why Charlie's name comes up multiple times in this story... etc.


This is a student-professor romance... and the setting is two years after what happened between him and Charlie (and Cameron)... and then Sarah Henderson comes along and signs up to be his student... and so it begins...


The storyline isn't something I haven't before... professor and student spends time together... they develop feelings for each other... and long story short, they live happily ever after,  yeah? NO. 


I wish it were that simple but there is nothing simple when it comes to a Kandi Steiner love story. She made my heart go through all kinds of workouts... 


I felt for Reese. I felt for Sarah... their individual heartaches... both of them were relatable. Page after page I thought, when will this achy feeling end?? I was almost afraid and apprehensive that they won't get a happy ending... they're brokenness is what attracted them to one another... and together, they healed each other.


This is a slow-burn... and angsty... and emotional... but if you're looking for an easy read, this is not it. Depending on how emotional you are, you might need to have your Kleenex nearby.