Thursday, November 15, 2018

4TH & GIRL by Author MAX MONROE



I’m Leo Landry, one of the best shutdown cornerbacks in the nation, and the New York Mavericks’ first round draft pick.


If James Bond spent his days running drills and his nights shutting out quarterbacks, he’d dream about being me. But professional football is on a whole other level from college, and as the new guy, I’ve got everything to prove.


No problem.

All I’ve got to do is focus, right?

Too bad life’s got other plans.


Blond hair, long lashes, and criminal blue eyes, there’s a pint-sized bombshell that I can’t stop thinking about.


I don’t even know her name, but she’s completely screwing up my game plan.


It’s too late to turn back now though. I have my eye on the prize, and I won’t settle for anything less.  


4th down and only one goal in my sightsthis pretty little mystery girl.


Good thing I’m at my best when the pressure’s on.



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


This is my first ARC from Ms. Monroe and to say that I was excited is an understatement! I am familiar with her work because I have some of her books in my shelf. 


It's a romantic comedy but like all romantic comedies it also has its share of drama.


I love how it focused on fate and/or destiny... that if people were meant to be, they're bound to meet regardless how long it took and regardless of circumstances... 


Although the sports-superstar-falling-for-the-normal-girl storyline isn't something I haven't read before, I loved it... the characters are what made the story unique... I love Leo and Gemma but the quirky grand aunt and the ninja best-friend were stars in their own right as well. 


The story is quite fast paced, and shorter than some novels but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 


If you're looking for something to cheer you up after a crappy day... or just simply looking for something light and uplifting to read, then this the book to pick up next.