Sunday, September 9, 2018

WHEN FOREVER CHANGES by Author SIOBHAN DAVIS



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING... 


This is my second Siobhan Davis ARC and after turning the last page, I must say that this book is quite something else.


I didn't read the blurb! I went and dove in head first and hastily started the journey of Gabrielle "Gabby" James... after reading the prologue, I thought it was just going to be one of those typical new adult, contemporary college romance... and it seemed that way for a while until the middle, and then it took a sudden turn and my poor heart had an unexpected workout. 


Nobody warned me I needed tissues! I couldn't remember the last time a book made me tear up so much. This was so unexpected! I tried so hard to contain my emotions and willed my tears not to slide down, but it was pointless. Tear after tear went rolling down my cheeks...


Even though I didn't ugly-cry, I still cried because there were too many mixed feelings, and so much emotions were evoked... and no matter how tough you think you are, reading this book will definitely pull on your heartstrings. It felt like I went on an emotional rollercoaster and I became a mess somewhere in those pages.


Having said those, I also had questions that kept on plaguing me through out the story... I understand about mood swings—when you're sick, you are definitely not your best self... but making it as an excuse to make out with someone and get a hand job?? An excuse to cheat?? Total bull$hit! I mean I'm glad in the end everything was ironed-out but it was still bothering me. I would understand if he had some psychological disorder, like having multiple personalities but... it didn't just make sense to me.


The push and pull was also a tad exasperating... I get that people would have trust issues after being hurt, but it seemed like it was bordering on indecisiveness... it was either in or out. Nevertheless, I enjoyed book. I loved it even through all the tears, I did! 


To those fans of When You're Ready by JL Berg, When It Rains by Lisa de Jong and Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken, this is the book to pick up next!