Wednesday, February 4, 2015

EASY VIRTUE by MIA ASHER

SYNOPSIS:

Love is selfish...

My name is Blaire.
I'm the bad girl.
The other woman.
The one who never gets the guy in the end.

I'm the gold digger.
The bitch.
The one no one roots for.
The one you love to hate.

I hate myself too...

Everyone has a story. Are you ready for mine?




My thoughts after reading...

Oh Lord! Mia, how do I begin?! I'm quite annoyed that this book isnt a standalone!lol How could I miss that?? I should've read the other reviews first but nnnno... Little ol' me just went in head on. I mean, come on...its a book from Mia Asher for crying out! That author who wrote Arsen...Arsen, the book that made me ugly-cry some...

Anyway, the story is about a cynical girl named Blaire... Yes...cynical,  jaded, somewhat cavalier when it comes to "feelings." And since she doesn't do feelings, she thinks being with men solely for their money is practically okay... "Practically" being the operative word. Yep, she's a golddigger, as what she'd described herself... Golddigger in every sense of the word--uses men for material things and men use her for her body. 

Everything was just a friggin ray of sunshine until one night during an art gala, she meets a dashing mysterious stranger then bumps into another eyecandy who captivates her somehow, and then her current boytoy ends things with her permanently for his legit girlfriend to propose... and things moved from there on.

Ugh! I just wanna, umm...for a lack of a better word, "bitchslap" the lights out of Blaire. She's just so...so...argh!! I dont know, annoying, exasperating, infuriating. But I guess I can't fault her 100%, since she is who she is because of what happened to her in the past...  People only change whole-heartedly when they really want to...not for other people or anything else, but for themselves. And Blaire, well, she vehemently refuses to change... Even for a shot at finding true love...we all know Love is always worth the risk... When we fall in love, there is always the possibility of getting hurt. But trusting that other person wont hurt you, is another thing when you've been hurt practically all your life. So I somehow get that about her.

Eventhough this book didn't make me ugly cry, it did make me tear-up a couple during that Hello Kitty watch scene. That was some pretty intense, heart-wrenching scene right there.

Mia sure knows how to make one intriguing, mindthrobbing, dramaful, love triangle... In the beginning I want Blaire to end up with Ronan, but in the end...I don't know... I can't help but wonder what if both Lawrence's and Blaire's icewall façade breaks and they end up falling for each other for real? You know, like two people who vow never to fall in love and somehow end up falling for each other? 

Anyway, I won't blab any more as I may give anything away to people who hasn't read the book yet. I can't wait for the next book! I hope it'll be released real real soon and not let the readers, such as myself, suffer any longer.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐