Friday, June 11, 2021

WHEN DARKNESS ENDS by Marni Mann



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

4⭐️

I was so excited to receive this ARC. Been waiting for this ever since it was announced!

Wow!

This was not an easy read. AT. ALL. I had to pause several times to take a deep breath because I did not want to lose it. Especially the time of the bombing, which connected to first book and then it reminded me of what happened to Dylan which gutted me, and then....*sigh*

It was a slow burn between Pearl and Ashe. And then this other character makes an appearance, and I'm like, what does she have to do with Pearl and Ashe... and then in the end it finally connected, but I was already a little bit wrung out because this story was gut-wrenching and heartbreaking but also beautiful and heartwarming.

The twists and turns were flabbergasting!

All I can say is that Faith and Fate were definitely in the front-view of this story.