Sunday, December 13, 2020

NOT WHAT I EXPECTED by Jewel E. Ann



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

3.5⭐️

I was so excited to receive this ARC! I signed up for this because the blurb got to me.

I don't know how to feel about this... I liked it but also didn't... more like 50/50, and let me tell you why...

I like that the heroine is relatable... I can understand that small negative things when accumulated overtime would ultimately find it's way out or will burst in the seams... I get it. But at the same time, I felt like her interactions with her love interest seems lacking substance and felt like it was hanging... It's probably just me, but yes, I felt like their love story isn't really a love story... like it was just an affair. I didn't even know what really happened to them... even the epilogue seemed hanging in the end... Sorry. I really wanted to like this book but... not really.