Tuesday, June 16, 2020

THE PLAYER NEXT DOOR by K.A. Tucker



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

4⭐️

I love KA Tucker! I've read 98% of all her books. She's one of my one-click authors and whenever she releases a book, I get right to it ASAP.

This is a feel-good, small-town, single-dad, second chance romance... As you've already read in the blurb, they were exes in high-school and she was still carrying the hurt he gave her even years after... and finding out they are next door neighbors.

This will story will make you see that there is no timeline when it comes to hurt or pain... you can't discount somebody else's feelings just because it happened years ago, and at the same time, we also need to let go of our resentment towards another person not for them, but for our own peace. People do dümB $hîT all the time especially when they're young, immature and selfish... I just wish that Shane expanded more on why... I mean, I get why he did, but I just wanted him to grovel more... And Scarlett should've made him jealous or grovel more. 

 All in all I did enjoyed the story. It was light, funny, sexy and swoony. This is something you'd want to pick up to escape the day away or after a long, tiring day at work or at home.