Tuesday, May 12, 2020

LIKE YOU CARE by Author Kaydence Snow



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


3.5⭐️

This was my first ARC from the author. I've also never read anything from her before so I didn't know what to expect. All I know was that I was excited because it's a bully, mature YA romance.

This is probably just me but... I don't know, it was such a slow burn and didn't pick up until the middle. I didn't like the heroine because I felt like she was being weak on purpose. What happened to her happened because she hadn't really been persistent in telling anybody herself, and although I'm not one to judge because I've never been in her shoes, as a reader I wanted her to really assert herself and not hide. I was practically drained going three quarters in the book... I mean sure in the end it all worked out but still, she was avoiding her bullies for most of the book. Although surviving what she'd been through was, I guess, already courageous enough.

Like I said, it's  probably just me. Maybe my next read won't be as draining as this one had me, I'm sorry.