Tuesday, February 25, 2020

GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS by Author REBECCA YARROS



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

5⭐️


This is only my second Rebecca Yarros ARC. 


I've read THE LAST LETTER last year and I swear I had a mini-PTSD because of it. It was beautiful and devastating all rolled into one. I ugly-cried reading that book... and if you've read THE LAST LETTER, you know what I'm talking about... and because of that, I was a wee bit scared of starting this book because I didn't want to cry as much as I had in the previous one anymore. That's why I waited until practically the last minute to read it.


This is the love story of Camden and Willow... this is a secretly-in-love-my-brother's-girl romance and vice-versa. It's not a light & easy-read... It's very emotional, raw and angsty. It's sweet and swoony and heartbreaking. 


It was relatable because it basically centers on family... it touches on relationships and the complications that goes with it—with your immediate family and others... on how to deal with something beyond your control... on how to deal with grief... and  on how our choices affects our lives and the people around us.


I love the book... the entire story is riveting... it's characters are all captivating and the pacing is seamless. I would've wished there was an epilogue because I'm a sucker for those, but, oh well. 


To the fans of AL Jackson, JL Berg, Jewel E. Ann and Jasinda Wilder, this is the book to pick up next!