Monday, September 2, 2019

THE BROKEN ONE by Author Ruth Cardello



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This was my first Ruth Cardello ARC and I was excited to get one from NetGalley. The blurb peaked my interest and when I received it in my kindle app, I devoured it right away.


I've read a lot of romance in my lifetime and I've also read about something being returned to the owner and they fell in love after one meet... but this is the first time I've read about a toy being returned to a kid... I'm a huge romantic sap and I saw a lot of possibilities as I turned the book page after page.


I must admit, at first I thought I downloaded a defective ARC... I was confused at the first couple of chapters... and then I realized that this book is also a part of another story.


Although it's a wee bit fast paced for my liking, because honestly, who blurts out about not wearing underwear on a first lunch date, and only on a second meeting—but somehow it still works. It's part of the heroine's quirkiness...  


It's angsty and swoony and sweet and most of all, it centers on family. It's definitely something you'd want to read after a long days work...