Monday, August 19, 2019

CRUEL PRINCE by Author A. Jade



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


This is my second Ashley Jade ARC. I've read the Devil's Playground duet before and let's just say that it was definitely interesting.


I signed up for this book when I read the blurb on Instagram. I was intrigued. I love mature YA, enemies to lovers, friends to lovers and new adult romance... 


I enjoyed the book... I loved it. It was gripping from beginning to end. It held my attention as the pages went by. The characters were sometimes frustrating but wonderful—perfectly imperfect... the pacing was alright. Everything worked like a well-oiled machine.


It's not a light and easy read because it touches on sensitive topics such as bullying, suicide, mental illness, premarital sex and a taboo romantic affair. It's angsty but there were also parts that were funny.


I'm looking forward to whats next. To be honest I'm actually quite curious about Oakley and Crystal though... what was the catalyst for it and if she came clean in the end? Will Cole and Sawyer have a book? Bianca and Stone? I can't wait to read more!


To the fans of The Fallen Crest series by Tijan, The Royal series by Erin Watt and All Saints High series by LJ Shen, this is the perfect book for you!