Tuesday, July 30, 2019

THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBOYS by Author Lisa Renee Jones



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I was stoked to receive my first ever ARC from Lisa Renee Jones through NetGalley. It's my first ARC but not my first read. 

The blurb pulled me in... I love romance, I love cowboys and I love baseball and I thought this sounds like something I'd enjoy to read and so here we are.

I think there's a certain way to write a love-hate relationship without completely exasperating the reader. This one has just the right amount of push and pull that gives you those romantic chills. I kept on bracing myself because of the excitement I felt for the characters. Build up is everything when it comes to romance especially with this kind of trope

Reading this kind of reminded me of Country Nights by Winter Renshaw, and I've re-read that book many times especially when I find myself in a bookfunk. I'm pretty sure I'll be re-reading this one in the future as well and I would definitely purchase a paperback copy.

I enjoyed the book though there were times when I think Jason was being too much of an a$$hö£e, but he makes it work because Jessica isn't someone who can be pushed-around without pushing back as well. They mesh well.

If you're looking for something to read that would relive the stress away and escape real life for a bit, then this is the book to pick up next.